Ply Gem 580 Sliding Patio Door
- Adjustable, tandem rollers deliver smooth performance for easy opening and closing.
- Anodized aluminum threshold, sill track and tandem rollers deliver increased durability and reliable operation.
- For added security and convenience, exterior handles are available with a keyed lock.
- Door panels feature perimeter weatherstripping to shield against air infiltration.
- Self-centering interlock creates strong, interlocking panels that meet the national standards for forced entry-resistance.
- Optional Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessible compliance kit with available handle and ramps.
- 580 sliding patio doors offer energy-efficient glass packages that can help reduce utility bills, save energy and keep your home comfortable.
- Vinyl offers excellent insulation against temperature changes and is virtually maintenance free.
- Five popular, base colors easily coordinate with your home’s appearance.
- Add curb appeal with grilles between the glass in architecturally inspired patterns.
- Choose between the color-coordinated mortise or clam lockset with a durable coating that resists scratches and fading.
- Increase the width of your patio door and add natural light with independently installed fixed side lite windows.
- Extend the height of your patio door with a fixed, horizontal transom window mulled overhead.
- An elegant, architectural segmented transom window can be installed individually above the patio door.
- Ply Gem 580 Series patio doors are covered by a 20-year glass warranty
Choosing the right glass options for your 580 Series sliding patio door can make your home more comfortable and reduce energy costs as well as increase security, privacy and fade protection.
- Optional Low-E glass packages help deflect summer heat to keep your home cooler and retain warmed air inside during colder months.
- Choose a High Performance HP glass package with Argon gas, which is six times denser than air and placed in the insulating glass unit for additional protection from energy loss.
- HP Glass Packages with specialty Low-E glass and Argon can greatly reduce solar heat gain and lower cooling costs in warmer regions.
- The Warm Edge spacer system features a U-shaped channel that separates the glass panes and interrupts the natural flow of heat to cold.It also flexes when the glass expands and contracts to help maintain a strong seal.
- Optional Warm Edge+ spacer systems are made of less-conductive materials for increased energy performance and added strength to better resist seal failure.
THE ENERGY STAR PROGRAM
580 Series sliding patio doors can be ordered to meet ENERGY STAR guidelines for where you live.
ADDITIONAL GLASS OPTIONS
Tempered glass safely breaks into pebbles.
Optional acoustic glass reduces unwelcome noise from entering your home.
Obscure glass increases privacy without blocking natural light.
Easy-to-clean grilles between the glass (GBG) increase curb appeal and highlight your home’s architectural style. Please note that Bronze/White and Black/White color options are limited to 3/4″ Flat GBG.
580 sliding patio doors feature a color-coordinated mortise or clam lockset that can include an optional exterior keyed lock for increased safety and convenience.
580 Series doors are available with a variety of frame types to accommodate replacement, remodel and new construction installation applications.
- Pre-punched Nail Fin