Simonton Madeira Series
- 3-¼” wide frame complements classic architecture
- Sizable design portfolio with eight exterior colors, specialty glass patterns and distinctive hardware options to highlight your unique style.
- Classic neutral colors and coordinating grille options complement any interior or exterior design.
- Durable vinyl will never pit or peel retaining its beauty year after year with minimal upkeep.
- Standard rollformed screen frame and fiberglass mesh screen allows fresh air in and keeps insects out. Upgrade to the extruded screen frame for added durably and UltraView mesh enhances screen visibility.
- Standard ProSolar® Low-E glass with Argon gas delivers excellent energy efficiency, interior comfort and helps reduce heating and cooling costs.
- Standard double-strength glass provides increased sound control and protection against glass breakage.
- Eco3™ triple-pane glass package maximizes energy performance
- Multi-chambered profiles create insulating spaces within the frame and sash that help increase strength, reduce condensation and energy loss.
- Maximize energy efficiency with high-performance glass options specially designed for warmer and cooler climates.
- Heavy-duty weatherstripping and strong, interlocking components create a barrier against wind and rain.
- The reinforced, Lap-Lok® meeting rail tightly seals the sash on sliding windows for increased strength and weather resistance.
- Dual contoured lift rails on double hung and slider windows are molded into the sash for added strength, durability and easy opening and closing.
- Madeira windows built by Simonton are AAMA Gold certified, and have passed stringent tests for thermal performance as well as air leakage, water infiltration and wind pressure.
- When engaged, dual Air Loks™ limit the extent sliding windows can open providing safer ventilation and increased protection against accidental falls.
- Residential Lifetime Limited Warranty that covers parts and labor.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty covers vinyl, hardware and glass.
- Warranty is transferable to the next homeowner.
Designed to perform, the Madeira series has a standard 3/4″ insulating glass unit, with double-strength ProSolar® Low-E glass, Intercept® spacer system and Argon gas that can be customized to deliver maximum energy savings and comfort for where you live. Additional glass options offer increased strength, security, privacy and fade protection.
- Standard glass helps keep warmth inside during winter months and deflect the sun’s heat and retain cooled air in summer
- Screens out up to 73% of ultraviolet (UV) rays that can cause interior fading
- Ideal for warmer climates that require help with solar control and interior cooling
- Dramatically blocks up to 92% of ultraviolet light that causes solar heat gain and fading from entering your home
- Superior insulating performance with high visibility.
- Perfect for cooler climates that require more help with heating
- Uses the sun’s warmth to increase comfort and reduce heating costs
- Screens out up to 71% of damaging UV rays that cause interior fading while allowing warmth and light into your home
Standard Argon gas, which is six times denser than air, is sealed between the glass panes to increase insulation and reduce energy loss.
Twelve times denser than air, optional Krypton gas can be chosen for maximum thermal efficiency.
Warm Edge Spacer Systems
The U-channel design of the standard Intercept® spacer system helps keep glass warmer and maintains interior comfort by hindering the natural temperature flow from the interior and exterior. It also flexes and contracts to reduce any stress on the glass.
Optional Supercept™ spacer has a U-channel design made of a stainless steel alloy that is stronger and offers increased thermal performance.
The optional non-metallic foam Super Spacer® virtually eliminates temperature transfer and maintains an airtight seal for optimal thermal performance.
The Energy Star Program
Madeira windows can be ordered to meet ENERGY STAR guidelines for where you live.
Additional Glass Options
Can be ordered to meet or exceed the California Energy Commission’s standards for Title 24 compliance
For maximum thermal efficiency, optional Eco3™ triple-pane glass creates two separate airspaces for superior insulation.
- Laminated glass, featuring a remarkably strong PVB interlayer, helps protect your home against forced entry.
- Tempered or toughened glass increases strength and safely breaks into pebbles.
Acoustic glass dramatically reduces unwanted sound from entering your home.
Decorative or obscure glass features a textured pattern that increases privacy while still allowing natural light into your home.
Control solar heat gain, reduce glare and visibility into your home with bronze, gray or Solarcool® Bronze tinted glass.
Accent your Madeira windows and add curb appeal with optional grille profiles and patterns. Grilles placed between the glass create a smooth, easy-to-clean surface.
Crafted to be both durable and beautiful, Madeira window hardware is color coordinated or choose a premium metallic finish for a designer appearance. All locks are tested to meet standard forced entry requirements for additional peace of mind.
When the cam lock is fastened on single hung or slider windows it pulls the sash tightly together around the weatherstripping for increased weather resistance and protection.
Casement and awning windows open smoothly on durable, stainless steel operating hardware with the turn of the nesting handle that folds neatly into the base and won’t interfere with window treatments. The locking lever secures the window at multiple locations with one easy action for excellent weatherability.
Madeira windows are available with a variety of frame types to accommodate replacement, remodel and new construction installation applications.
- Stucco Frame
- Craftsman Stucco Flange
- 1-3/8″ Nail Fin
- Block Frame
- Sloped Sill Option