Simonton Contemporary Sliding Patio Door
- A low profile frame provides a streamlined appearance and awide-open view and more natural light.
- Choose from 2-, 3-or 4-lite panel configurations to best suit your home.
- Durable vinyl will never pit or peel retaining its beauty year after year with minimal upkeep.
- Available sidelites and transoms expand the width and height to create a custom look.
- Sizable design portfolio with eight exterior colors, specialty glass patterns and distinctive hardware options to highlight your unique style.
- Choose a split finish handle for doors with different interior and exterior colors.
- Corrosion-resistant, wide-set rollers and sill track provide smooth operation.
- Multi-point locking system secures panel at several locations with one easy-to-use lever, exceeding 800 lb. forced entry resistance (FER) requirements.
- An easy-to-grasp metal handle can be ordered with a keyed lock for increased safety.
- Standard ProSolar® Low-E glass with Argon gas delivers excellent energy efficiency, interior comfort and helps reduce heating and cooling costs.
- Standard double-strength,tempered glass provides increased sound control and protection against glass breakage.
- Multi-chambered profiles have several insulating spaces within the frame and panel that help increase strength, reduce condensation and energy loss.
- Maximize energy efficiency with high-performance glass options specially designed for warmer and cooler climates.
- Steel reinforced meeting and pull stiles increase strength.
- Fin seal weatherstripping and full interlocking panels create a tight barrier against wind and rain.
- Simonton built Contemporary Patio Doors are AAMA Gold certified passing stringent tests for thermal performance as well as air leakage, water infiltration and wind pressure.
- Sturdy extruded screen frame with fiberglass mesh allows you to open the door for fresh air without worrying about insects.
- Residential Lifetime Limited Warranty covers parts and labor.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty covers vinyl, hardware and glass.
- Warranty is transferrable to the next homeowner.
The Contemporary Patio Door features a standard 7/8″ insulating glass unit, with double-strength, tempered ProSolar® Low-E glass, Intercept® spacer system and Argon gas that can be customized to achieve optimal energy savings and comfort for where you live. Additional glass options offer increased strength, security, privacy and fade protection.
- Standard glass helps keep warmth inside during winter months and deflect the sun’s heat and retain cooled air in summer
- Screens out up to 73% of ultraviolet (UV) rays that can cause interior fading
- Ideal for warmer climates that require help with solar control and interior cooling
- Dramatically blocks up to 92% of ultraviolet light that causes solar heat gain and fading from entering your home
- Superior insulating performance with high visibility
- Perfect for cooler climates that require more help with heating
- Uses the sun’s warmth to increase comfort and reduce heating costs
- Screens out up to 71% of damaging UV rays that cause interior fading while allowing warmth and light into your home
Standard Argon gas, which is six times denser than air, is sealed between the glass panes to increase insulation and reduce energy loss.
Twelve times denser than air, optional Krypton gas can be chosen for maximum thermal efficiency.
WARM EDGE SPACER SYSTEMS
The U-channel design of the standard Intercept® spacer system helps keep glass warmer and maintains interior comfort by hindering the natural temperature flow from the interior and exterior. It also flexes and contracts to reduce any stress on the glass.
Optional Supercept™ spacer has a U-channel design made of a stainless steel alloy that is stronger and offers increased thermal performance.
The optional non-metallic foam Super Spacer® virtually eliminates temperature transfer and maintains an airtight seal for optimal thermal performance.
THE ENERGY STAR PROGRAM
Contemporary Patio Doors can be ordered to meet ENERGY STAR guidelines for where you live.
Can be ordered to meet or exceed the California Energy Commission’s standards for Title 24 compliance.
ADDITIONAL GLASS OPTIONS
- Laminated glass, featuring a remarkably strong PVB interlayer, helps protect your home against forced entry.
- Tempered or toughened glass increases strength and safely breaks into pebbles.
Acoustic glass dramatically reduces unwanted sound from entering your home.
Decorative or obscure glass features a textured pattern that increases privacy while still allowing natural light into your home.
Control solar heat gain, reduce glare and visibility into your home with bronze, gray or Solarcool® Bronze tinted glass.
Optional grille profiles and patterns are available for your Contemporary Patio Door. The grilles are placed between the glass and create a smooth, easy-to-clean surface.
The durable, easy-to-grasp Contemporary Patio Door handle fastens the multi-point lock with one easy action. Keyed locks are available for increased safety and color-matched split finish door handles can be selected for doors with a different interior and exterior color.
Contemporary Patio Doors are available with a variety of frame types to accommodate replacement, remodel and new construction installation applications.
- Stucco Frame
- Craftsman Stucco Flange
- 1” Nail Fin
- 1.375” Nail Fin
- Block Frame