Simonton DaylightMax Series
- 2-7/8″ narrow frame offers a wider viewing area and provides up to 40% more daylight than wide-frame windows.*
- Sizable design portfolio with eight exterior colors, specialty glass patterns and distinctive hardware options to highlight your unique style.
- Attractive exterior frame styles meet every installation and architectural need.
- Durable vinyl will never pit or peel retaining its beauty year after year with minimal upkeep.
- Narrow vinyl frame is an excellent replacement for less efficient aluminum windows.
- Standard ProSolar® Low-E glass with Argon gas delivers excellent energy efficiency, interior comfort and helps reduce heating and cooling costs.
- Standard double-strength glass provides increased sound control and protection against glass breakage.
- Multi-chambered profiles have several insulating spaces within the frame and sash that increase strength, reduce condensation and energy loss.
- Maximize energy efficiency with high-performance glass options specifically designed for warmer and cooler climates.
- Heavy-duty weatherstripping along with strong, interlocking components create a barrier against wind and rain.
- Contoured lift rails on sliding windows are molded into the sash for strength, durability and easy operation.
- The reinforced, Lap-Lok® meeting rail tightly seals the sash on sliding windows for increased strength and weather resistance.
- Simonton built DaylightMax windows are AAMA Gold certified passing stringent tests for thermal performance as well as air leakage, water infiltration and wind pressure.
- The standard, self-latching AutoSense™ Lock automatically secures the window when it is shut.
- When engaged, dual Air Loks™ limit the extent sliding windows can open providing safer ventilation and increased protection against accidental falls.
- Standard roll-formed screen frame with fiberglass mesh allows for fresh air without worrying about insects. Select the optional UltraView screen mesh for enhanced visibility.
- Residential Lifetime Limited Warranty covers parts and labor.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty covers vinyl, hardware and glass.
- Warranty is transferrable to the next homeowner.
*DaylightMax has 40% more glass than Brand X in a 31″x 21″ Picture window. For a 36″ x 36″ Slider window DaylightMax provides 20% more viewable area than Brand X.
DaylightMax windows feature a standard 3/4″ insulating glass unit, with double-strength ProSolar® Low-E glass, Intercept® spacer system and Argon gas that can be customized to deliver maximum energy savings and comfort for where you live. Additional glass options offer increased strength, security, privacy and fade protection.
- Standard glass helps keep warmth inside during winter months and deflect the sun’s heat and retain cooled air in summer
- Screens out up to 73% of ultraviolet (UV) rays that can cause interior fading
- Ideal for warmer climates that require help with solar control and interior cooling
- Dramatically blocks up to 92% of ultraviolet light that causes solar heat gain and fading from entering your home
- Superior insulating performance with high visibility.
- Perfect for cooler climates that require more help with heating
- Uses the sun’s warmth to increase comfort and reduce heating costs
- Screens out 71% of damaging UV rays that cause interior fading while allowing warmth and light into your home
Standard Argon gas, which is six times denser than air, is sealed between the glass panes to increase insulation and reduce energy loss.
Twelve times denser than air, optional Krypton gas can be chosen for maximum thermal efficiency.
Warm Edge Spacer Systems
The U-channel design of the standard Intercept® spacer system helps keep glass warmer and maintains interior comfort by hindering the natural temperature flow from the interior and exterior. It also flexes and contracts to reduce any stress on the glass.
Optional Supercept™ spacer has a U-channel design made of a stainless-steel alloy that is stronger and offers increased thermal performance.
The optional non-metallic foam Super Spacer® virtually eliminates temperature transfer and maintains an airtight seal for optimal thermal performance.
DaylightMax windows can be ordered to meet ENERGY STAR guidelines for where you live.
Can be ordered to meet or exceed the California Energy Commission’s standards for Title 24 compliance.
Additional Glass Options
Heat-strengthened tempered glass increases safety because it is harder to break through than regular glass and safely breaks into pebbles.
Laminated glass, featuring a durable PVB interlayer between two layers of glass, helps protect against forced entry, reduce unwanted noise and block the sun’s damaging ultraviolet rays from entering your home.
Acoustic glass dramatically reduces unwanted sound from entering your home.
Decorative or obscure glass features a textured pattern that increases privacy while still allowing natural light into your home.
Control solar heat gain, reduce glare and visibility into your home with bronze, gray or Solarcool® Bronze tinted glass.
Accentuate your home’s architectural style, with optional grille profiles and patterns. Grilles placed between the glass create a smooth, easy-to-clean surface.
From forced entry-resistant cam locks to the specialty AutoSense™ Lock and nesting casement handle, DaylightMax window hardware offers the protection and functionality you need.
Low-profile, self-latching lock that secures your sliding window when it is closed. Tested to surpass the nation’s strictest forced entry code requirements.
When the cam lock on single hung or slider windows is fastened, it pulls the sash together tightly around weatherstripping for increased weather resistance and protection.
Casement and awning windows open smoothly on durable, stainless steel operating hardware with the turn of the nesting handle that folds neatly into the base and won’t interfere with window treatments. The locking lever secures the window at multiple locations with one easy action for excellent weatherability.
DaylightMax windows are available with a variety of frame types to accommodate replacement, remodel and new construction installation applications.
- Bullnose Stucco Flange
- Craftsman Stucco Flange
- Brickmould Stucco Flange
- 1-3/8″ Nail Fin
- 1” Nail Fin
- Block Frame