Simonton Contractor Series
- Vinyl color is molded throughout the profile and is virtually maintenance-free.
- An attractive beveled exterior frame increases architectural character.
- Dark bronze exterior color enhances curb appeal.
- Double hung, single hung and casement windows offer easy cleaning from inside the home.
- Standard ProSolar® Low-E glass with Argon gas helps reduce heat loss in winter while maintaining air-conditioned air in the summer for true seasonal comfort.
- Maximize energy efficiency with high-performance glass options specifically designed for warmer and cooler climates.
- Multi-chambered profiles have several insulating spaces within the frame and sash that help increase strength, reduce condensation and energy loss.
- Multiple layers of weatherstripping create a barrier against air and water infiltration.
- The standard extruded screen frame resists bending and warping with a fiberglass mesh screen that allows fresh air in while helping keep bugs out. Upgrade to aluminum screen mesh for added durability.
- Sloped sill quickly moves rainwater away from your home.
- Sliding windows feature a durable contoured lift rail for easy opening and closing.
- Double hung and single hung windows open with ease and maintain any position with the stainless steel constant force coil spring balance system.
- The Air Lok™ limits the amount the sash on sliding windows can open for safer ventilation and increased protection against accidental falls. For additional safety, the optional Window Opening Control Device is a self-activating vent latch that is automatically engaged.
- Contractor windows built by Simonton are AAMA Gold certified, passing stringent tests for thermal performance as well as air leakage, water infiltration and wind pressure.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on vinyl.
- 20-year Limited Warranty on hardware, screens and insulating glass unit.
- Transferable to the next homeowner until the 20th anniversary of the original purchase date.
Contractor windows have a standard 3/4″ insulating glass unit, with ProSolar® Low-E glass, Intercept® spacer system and Argon gas that can be customized to achieve optimum energy savings and comfort for where you live. Additional glass options increase strength, privacy and fade protection.
- Standard glass helps keep warmth inside during winter months and deflect the sun’s heat and retain cooled air in summer
- Screens out up to 73% of ultraviolet (UV) rays that can cause interior fading
- Ideal for warmer climates that require help with solar control and interior cooling
- Dramatically blocks up to 92% of ultraviolet light that causes solar heat gain and fading from entering your home
- Superior insulating performance with high visibility.
- Perfect for cooler climates that require more help with heating
- Uses the sun’s warmth to increase comfort and reduce heating costs
- Screens out up to 71% of damaging UV rays that cause interior fading while allowing warmth and light into your home
Standard Argon gas, which is six times denser than air, is sealed between the glass panes to increase insulation and reduce energy loss.
Twelve times denser than air, optional Krypton gas can be chosen for maximum thermal efficiency.
Warm Edge Spacer Systems
The U-channel design of the standard Intercept® spacer system helps keep glass warmer and maintains interior comfort by hindering the natural temperature flow from the interior and exterior. It also flexes and contracts to reduce any stress on the glass.
Optional Supercept™ spacer has a U-channel design made of a stainless steel alloy that is stronger and offers increased thermal performance.
The Energy Star Program
Contractor windows can be ordered to meet ENERGY STAR guidelines for wherever you live.
Additional Glass Options
Thicker, double-strength glass is break-resistant and offers increased sound control.
Heat-strengthened tempered glass increases safety because it is harder to break through than regular glass and safely breaks into pebbles.
Obscure glass, with a textured pattern, increases privacy while allowing natural light into your home.
Control solar heat gain, reduce glare and visibility into your home with bronze or gray tinted glass.
Enhance curb appeal and your home’s architectural style with unique grille profiles and patterns available on Contractor series windows. Grilles are placed between the glass creating a smooth, easy-to-clean surface.
Contractor window hardware is color-coordinated for a clean streamlined appearance or select optional polished brass for an upscale finish. All locks meet standard forced entry requirements for added peace of mind.
When the cam lock is fastened, it tightly pulls the sash together for increased weather resistance and protection.
Casements open smoothly on durable, stainless steel operating hardware with the turn of the flush mount handle that folds neatly into the base and won’t interfere with window treatments. The locking lever secures the window at multiple locations with one easy action for excellent weatherability.
- Deluxe J-Channel with Nail Fin
- Deluxe J-Channel Only
- Nail Fin Only
- J-Channel and Nail Fin Removed