Simonton Narrow Frame Sliding Patio Door
- Contemporary frame design delivers an open view and more natural light.
- Design portfolio with bold exterior colors, interior woodgrains and hardware options complement any style of home.
- Low maintenance, premium vinyl will never rot, peel or need repainting.
- Sculpted door panels and equal sightlines create a clean, stylish look.
- For added security a multi-point locking system is available. A single point locking system is standard.
- Standard exterior keyed lock for added security.
- Optional footbolt increases security and allows for partial ventilation while the door panel issecure.
- Sturdy extruded screen frame with fiberglass mesh for fresh air without worrying about insects.
- Standard ProSolar® Low-E glass with Argon gas increases efficiency to help lower energy costs and keep your home comfortable during every season.
- Double-strength, tempered glass enhances durability, safety and sound reduction.
- Multi-chambered profiles have several insulating spaces within the frame and panel that help increase strength, reduce condensation and energy loss.
- Maximize energy efficiency with high-performance glass options specifically designed for warmer and cooler climates.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on vinyl.
- 20-year Limited Warranty on hardware, screens and insulating glass unit.
- Transferable to the next homeowner until the 20th anniversary of the original purchase date.
The Narrow Frame Patio Door has a standard 3/4″ insulating glass unit, with double-strength, tempered ProSolar® Low-E glass, Intercept® spacer system and Argon gas that can be customized to provide maximum efficiency and comfort for where you live.Additional glass options offer increased strength, security, privacy and fade protection.
- Standard glass helps keep warmth inside during winter months and deflect the sun’s heat and retain cooled air in summer
- Screens out up to 73% of ultraviolet (UV) rays that can cause interior fading
- Ideal for warmer climates that require help with solar control and interior cooling
- Dramatically blocks up to 92% of ultraviolet light that causes solar heat gain and fading from entering your home
- Superior insulating performance with high visibility
- Perfect for cooler climates that require more help with heating
- Uses the sun’s warmth to increase comfort and reduce heating costs
- Screens out up to 71% of damaging UV rays that cause interior fading while allowing warmth and light into your home
Standard Argon gas, which is six times denser than air, is sealed between the glass panes to increase insulation and reduce energy loss.
Twelve times denser than air, optional Krypton gas can be chosen for maximum thermal efficiency.
Warm Edge Spacer Systems
The U-channel design of the standard Intercept® spacer system helps keep glass warmer and maintains interior comfort by hindering the natural temperature flow from the interior and exterior. It also flexes and contracts to reduce any stress on the glass.
Optional Supercept™ spacer has a U-channel design made of a stainless steel alloy that is stronger and offers increased thermal performance.
The optional non-metallic foam Super Spacer® virtually eliminates temperature transfer and maintains an airtight seal for optimal thermal performance.
THE ENERGY STAR PROGRAM
Narrow Frame Patio Doors can be ordered to meet ENERGY STAR guidelines for where you live.
ADDITIONAL GLASS OPTIONS
Laminated glass, featuring a remarkably strong PVB interlayer, helps protect your home against forced entry.
Laminated glass dramatically reduces unwanted sound from entering your home.
Obscure glass has a textured pattern that increases privacy while still allowing natural light into your home.
Control solar heat gain, reduce glare and visibility into your home with bronze or gray tinted glass.
SafePoint® impact-resistant glass withstands extremely high winds and flying debris in areas requiring Level C impact-resistance providing 24/7 protection.
Narrow Frame Patio Doors offer architecturally inspired grille profiles and patterns to highlight your home’s unique character. Grilles placed between the glass create a smooth, easy-to-clean surface, while simulated divided lites have the traditional appearance of individual glass panes.
Victorian and Diamond patterns are only available with flat grilles.Products with exterior colorareonly available with contoured grilles.
Durable and easy-to-grasp, the Narrow Frame Patio Door has a standard single-point lock that can be upgraded to a multi-point lock system.
Narrow Frame Patio Doors are available with a variety of frame types to accommodate replacement, remodel and new construction installation techniques.
- Replacement Frame
- Deluxe J-Channel
- Integral Brickmould
- Flange Frame