Simonton StormBreaker Plus Series
- Tested and certified to meet impact standards for the Florida Building Commission, the Texas Department of Insurance evaluation and select styles and sizes are certified to meet AAMA standards for Miami-Dade and Broward County HVHZ (High-Velocity Hurricane Zone) specifications.
- Impact-resistant KeepSafe Maximum® glass features a durable interlayer that protects the home from flying debris. During a hurricane, flying debris may break the exterior pane of tempered glass but the laminated glass will stay intact to protect the home.
- KeepSafe Maximum glass also reduces up to 50% of unwanted outside noise from entering your home, is an effective barrier against forced entry and filters up to 99% of the sun’s damaging ultraviolet rays to greatly reduce interior fading.
- Reinforced profiles increase structural integrity and provide maximum strength.
- Vinyl has excellent insulating properties and can stand up against extreme weather conditions year after year.
- The exclusive triple-stepped, sloped sill on double hung windows quickly moves water away to help protect your home from water infiltration
- Durable contoured lift rails on sliding windows are molded into the sash for easy opening and closing.
- StormBreaker Plus windows built by Simonton are AAMA Gold certified passing stringent tests for thermal performance as well as air leakage, water infiltration and wind pressure
- Standard ProSolar® Low-E glass with Argon gas increases efficiency to help lower energy costs and keep your home comfortable during every season.
- Multi-chambered profiles have several insulating spaces within the frame and sash that help increase strength, reduce condensation and energy loss.
- Maximize energy efficiency with high-performance glass options specifically designed for warmer and cooler climates.
- Popular color selection with a bronze exterior color and unique grille options to complement the style of your home.
- Timeless beveled frame design complements any architectural design.
- The standard extruded screen frame resists bending and warping with a fiberglass mesh screen that allows fresh air in while helping keep bugs out. Upgrade to aluminum mesh for added screen durability.
- Lifetime Limited Warranty covers vinyl, hardware and screens.
- Insulating glass unit protection (20-years to Lifetime prorated).
- Warranty is transferable to the next homeowner for extended value.
StormBreaker Plus windows have a standard 1″ insulating glass unit with KeepSafe® Maximum laminated glass, ProSolar® Low-E glass, Intercept® spacer system and Argon gas that can be customized to achieve maximum energy savings and comfort for where you live.
- Standard glass helps keep warmth inside during winter months and deflect the sun’s heat and retain cooled air in summer
- Screens out up to 73% of ultraviolet (UV) rays that can cause interior fading
- Ideal for warmer climates that require help with solar control and interior cooling
- Dramatically blocks up to 92% of ultraviolet light that causes solar heat gain and fading from entering your home
- Superior insulating performance with high visibility.
- Perfect for cooler climates that require more help with heating
- Uses the sun’s warmth to increase comfort and reduce heating costs
- Screens out up to 71% of damaging UV rays that cause interior fading while allowing warmth and light into your home
Standard Argon gas, which is six times denser than air, is sealed between the glass panes to increase insulation and reduce energy loss
Twelve times denser than air, optional Krypton gas can be chosen for maximum thermal efficiency.
Warm Edge Spacer Systems
The U-channel design of the standard Intercept® spacer system helps keep glass warmer and maintains interior comfort by hindering the natural temperature flow from the interior and exterior. It also flexes and contracts to reduce any stress on the glass.
The optional non-metallic foam Super Spacer® virtually eliminates temperature transfer and maintains an airtight seal for optimal thermal performance.
The Energy Star Program
StormBreaker Plus windows can be ordered to meet ENERGY STAR guidelines for where you live.
Additional Glass Options
White obscure laminated glass with an opaque interlayer increases privacy while still allowing natural light into your home.
Choose innovative ProSolar® Turtle Glass to meet turtle code requirements along the coast while delivering superior energy efficiency and glare resistance.
StormBreaker Plus windows offer architecturally inspired grille profiles and patterns to highlight your home’s unique character. Grilles placed between the glass create a smooth, easy-to-clean surface.
Crafted to be both durable and beautiful, StormBreaker Plus window hardware is color-coordinated or can be upgraded to a distinctive metallic finish. All locks meet standard forced entry requirements for additional peace of mind.
When the cam lock is engaged it tightly pulls the sash together for increased weather resistance and protection.
Casements open smoothly on durable, stainless steel operating hardware with the turn of the flush mount handle that folds neatly into the base and won’t interfere with window treatments. The locking lever secures the window at multiple locations with one easy action for excellent weatherability.
StormBreaker Plus windows are available with a variety of frame types to accommodate replacement, remodel and new construction installation techniques.
- Box Frame
- Box Frame with Fin
- Box Frame with Fin and J-channel
- Masonry Flange
- StormBreaker Plus-HVHZ-Air-Water-Structural-Testing-Data